House Tour: Piano Room

Monday, August 17, 2015

When you first enter our house, this is the room on your right. It's looking sad at the moment, but I thought I'd show you how it looks now and hopefully sometime in the next bit it will be semi-improved. Let me show you around! 
The blue couch was an overstock outlet find, and it was on extra sale the day we picked it up. It has a small small tear on the far left side, but you would have to be really looking for it to find it. Best part? It was $1200 regular price, and I picked it up for a cool $400. Sold! 
The two gold frames above the couch are in a holding pattern with some sad sad wrapping paper covering up old prints from the twin's nursery, but I'm actively looking for some new art for them. Buy? Make? Something else? I'll keep you updated. 
These navy chairs were an amazing Target shopping day find. They were originally $125 but were marked with a "repackage" sticker for $41 dollars a piece. I have basically no shame when it comes to basically free prices like these, so I asked a lady shopping near by who was off to fetch a cart to put an ottoman in to grab me one as well. You better believe I wasn't letting these guys out of my sight. I've got a curtain rod to hang here, just as soon as I select the curtains that I want for this space, which will really help fill in this empty looking wall. 
Well, this is turning in to a clearance finds only post, but that is sort of the best. This little side table was at Hobby Lobby, originally $140, but I walked away with it for $14 dollars. FOURTEEN DOLLARS! It's on the short list for a paint job (maybe gold? maybe not?) and then I'll need to shop for some accessories to style it. And pillows!

 This frame is slated to be changed out, but it depends where I head with the other two gold frames. Maybe I should just start calling this the gold room? Probably yes. Also, yes, there are outlets in the floor. This room was meant to be an office when we were building the house, but then we switched things around a bit and so here we are. I'll be picking out a rug :)
 Also on the list for this room is a solution for music storage. The brown cardboard box we're sporting is inexpensive, but isn't the classiest thing ever. 
 Here's the view looking back towards the front door (straight through the wall). I'd like to put something really fantastic and probably sassy on this wall that you don't see unless you're all the way in the room.
 And there we have it! Another blank wall, beyond the blank walls, because that's what phase of this house we are in right now. Actively moving toward more design all through the house, but loving the blank slate that it is in some places for now. 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |